What Can I Eat at Chipotle on Optavia?
If you’re following the Optavia program, you may find it challenging to navigate through different dining options, especially when it comes to fast-food restaurants. However, with some careful choices and planning, you can still enjoy a meal at popular chains like Chipotle while staying on track with your Optavia goals.
Chipotle is known for its customizable bowls and burritos, which makes it easier to tailor your meal to fit within the Optavia guidelines. Here are some tips and options to consider when dining at Chipotle on Optavia:
1. Choose a protein: Opt for grilled chicken, steak, or barbacoa as your protein source. These options are high in protein and lower in fat compared to other choices like carnitas or sofritas.
2. Skip the tortilla: Forgo the tortilla or burrito wrap, as it can be high in calories and carbohydrates. Optavia encourages choosing lower-carb options, so it’s best to avoid it.
3. Opt for a bowl: Instead of a burrito, order a bowl as your base. This allows you to control the portion sizes more effectively and make healthier choices.
4. Load up on veggies: Fill your bowl with a variety of vegetables, such as lettuce, fajita veggies, salsa, and guacamole. These options add flavor, fiber, and nutrients to your meal.
5. Choose the right beans: Chipotle offers black beans and pinto beans. While both are acceptable on Optavia, black beans are lower in calories and carbohydrates, making them a better choice.
6. Be cautious with rice: If you decide to include rice in your bowl, opt for brown rice instead of white rice. Brown rice is a whole grain and contains more fiber and nutrients.
7. Watch out for high-calorie toppings: Be mindful of high-calorie toppings like cheese, sour cream, and queso. While they may enhance the flavor, they can also add unnecessary calories and fat to your meal.
8. Use salsa as a dressing: Instead of high-calorie dressings, use salsa as a flavorful and low-calorie option to add zest to your bowl.
9. Pay attention to portion sizes: Even with healthier choices, portion control is crucial. Be mindful of the quantity of each ingredient you add to your bowl to ensure you’re not exceeding your daily caloric intake.
10. Stay hydrated: Don’t forget to drink plenty of water while dining at Chipotle or any other restaurant. Staying hydrated is essential for overall health and can help you feel fuller.
11. Plan ahead: Before visiting Chipotle, check their nutritional information online or through their mobile app. This will allow you to make informed decisions and track your intake accurately.
12. Keep track of your condiments: While Chipotle offers additional condiments like hot sauce and vinaigrette, be cautious of their calorie content. These extras can quickly add up, so use them sparingly or opt for lower-calorie options.
13. Listen to your body: Lastly, tune in to your body’s hunger and fullness cues. It’s important to eat until you’re satisfied, but not overly full, to maintain a healthy relationship with food.
Now, let’s address some common questions about dining at Chipotle on Optavia:
1. Can I have guacamole at Chipotle on Optavia?
Yes, guacamole is a healthy fat source and can be enjoyed in moderation on Optavia. However, be mindful of portion sizes as it is high in calories.
2. Can I have corn at Chipotle on Optavia?
While corn is allowed on Optavia, it is higher in carbohydrates compared to other vegetables. If you choose to include corn, be mindful of portion sizes.
3. Can I have cheese at Chipotle on Optavia?
Cheese can be high in fat and calories, so it’s best to skip it while on Optavia. If you’re craving some cheesy flavor, opt for a small amount of shredded cheese instead.
4. Can I have sour cream at Chipotle on Optavia?
Sour cream is high in fat and calories, making it less suitable for the Optavia program. It’s best to avoid it or choose healthier alternatives like salsa or guacamole.
5. Can I have queso at Chipotle on Optavia?
Queso is high in fat and calories, and it’s best to avoid it on Optavia. Stick to healthier options like salsa or pico de gallo for added flavor.
6. Can I have chips at Chipotle on Optavia?
Chips are not recommended on Optavia as they are typically high in calories and carbohydrates. It’s best to skip them to stay on track with your goals.
7. Can I have a burrito at Chipotle on Optavia?
While burritos are delicious, the tortilla wrap is high in calories and carbohydrates. It’s best to opt for a bowl instead and skip the tortilla.
8. Can I have rice at Chipotle on Optavia?
Brown rice can be consumed in moderation on Optavia, but it’s important to watch your portion sizes. If you prefer to stay lower-carb, you can skip the rice altogether or choose lettuce as your base.
9. Can I have steak at Chipotle on Optavia?
Steak is a great protein option at Chipotle on Optavia. It’s lower in fat compared to other choices and provides a good amount of protein to keep you satisfied.
10. Can I have barbacoa at Chipotle on Optavia?
Barbacoa is another protein option that can be enjoyed on Optavia. It’s flavorful and provides a good source of protein while keeping the fat content moderate.
11. Can I have sofritas at Chipotle on Optavia?
Sofritas is a tofu-based protein option at Chipotle. While it can be consumed on Optavia, it’s important to be mindful of the overall fat content as tofu can be higher in fat.
12. Can I have carnitas at Chipotle on Optavia?
Carnitas is pork-based and higher in fat compared to other protein options. It’s best to choose leaner options like grilled chicken, steak, or barbacoa instead.
13. Can I have a salad at Chipotle on Optavia?
Yes, you can create a salad at Chipotle by choosing a bowl as your base and adding plenty of vegetables. Just be mindful of the dressing and toppings you choose to keep it Optavia-friendly.
Remember, dining out while following Optavia requires some careful choices and planning. By making mindful decisions and being aware of portion sizes, you can still enjoy a delicious and satisfying meal at Chipotle while staying on track with your health goals.